Level 3 Diploma
in Gym Instructing
and Personal Training
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover 11 mandatory units:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Entry Requirements include
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
What could this qualification lead to?
A career as a Gym instructor and/or Personal Trainer
This qualification also provides progression onto:
- Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
3rd Year Students will also have the opportunity to complete, or continue, sport specific coaching awards and CPDs
‘I wanted to thank you for all of your efforts and never-ending enthusiasm. I can honestly say that we have never seen **** happier and more focused than he is now. This situation is your doing.
The next steps you outline here are a fabulous move and clearly demonstrate how you never stop pushing to do as much as you can for your students!!’