This CIMPSA & REPs endorsed certification is aimed anyone who wishes to become a Personal Trainer. This course is suitable for students to complete online only and is delivered through home study, webinars, e-learning, tutorials and practical workshops. Active IQ’s Level 3 Personal Training course is nationally recognised and once qualified, you are ready to work as a personal trainer in gyms across the UK.
Students must hold a suitable level 2 qualification in gym instructing. If you need to complete this, click here. Students must have some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. Students must also have a basic level of fitness and basic skills of discussing, presenting, reading and writing.
During this online course, you will complete the following modules:
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology which includes a range of sport & exercise science topics.
- The principles of nutrition and their application to fitness programmes.
- Common medical conditions (including seniors)
- Encouraging positive health & fitness behaviours & setting fitness goals with clients.
- Designing cardiovascular & resistance workouts and delivering personal training programmes.
- Professionalism and business acumen for Personal Trainers.
To achieve the qualification of the Personal Trainer, you will complete:
- Coursework – (A portfolio with assignments & worksheets).
- Online multiple choice theory exams.
- Practical exams.
Once you have become fully qualified, you will have the opportunity to go through with you tutor to sign up and apply for Personal Training roles. You will also become eligible to progress onto other Active IQ courses such as:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.