This CIMPSA & REPs endorsed certification is aimed anyone who wishes to become a Gym Instructor & Personal Trainer. This course is suitable for students to complete online only and is delivered through home study, webinars, e-learning, tutorials and practical workshops. Active IQ’s Level 3 Gym Instructor & Personal Training course is nationally recognised and once qualified, you are ready to work as a personal trainer in gyms across the UK.
There are no entry requirements to enrol on this course. Students must have some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. Students must also have a basic level of fitness and basic skills of discussing, presenting, reading and writing.
*Please note if you already have a Level 2 Gym Instructor, click here for the Level 3 Personal Trainer (you will need to show proof of a REPS or CIMPSA Level 2 certificate).
During this online course, you will complete the following modules:
- Principles of anatomy & physiology and basic sport & exercise science.
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors.
- Health & safety in the fitness environment.
- Client consultations to support behaviour change & setting fitness goals.
- Opportunities to join in practical gym-based workshops including cardiovascular and resistance workouts.
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology which includes a range of sport & exercise science topics.
- The principles of nutrition and their application to fitness programmes.
- Common medical conditions (including seniors)
- Encouraging positive health & fitness behaviours & setting fitness goals with clients.
- Designing cardiovascular & resistance workouts and delivering personal training programmes.
- Professionalism and business acumen for Personal Trainers.
To achieve the qualification of the Personal Trainer, you will complete:
- Coursework – (A portfolio with assignments & worksheets).
- Online multiple choice theory exams.
- Practical exams.
Once you have become fully qualified, you will have the opportunity to go through with you tutor to sign up and apply for Personal Training roles. You will also become eligible to progress onto other Active IQ courses such as:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
Sign up today to get more information and speak to one of our tutors!