This CIMPSA & REPs endorsed certification is aimed at upcoming fitness professionals who wish to expand their knowledge and work in the fitness industry. Active IQ’s Level 2 course is nationally recognised and is the perfect start to get into the fitness industry as a Gym Instructor. This course is suitable for students to complete online only and is delivered through home study, webinars, e-learning, tutorials and practical workshops. As a student, you also have unlimited support from our specialist tutors.
There are no entry requirements to this course but students must have some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. Students must also have a basic level of fitness and basic skills of discussing, presenting, reading and writing.
During this online course, you will complete the following modules:
- Principles of anatomy & physiology and basic sport & exercise science.
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors.
- Health & safety in the fitness environment.
- Client consultations to support behaviour change & setting fitness goals.
- Opportunities to join in practical gym-based workshops including cardiovascular and resistance workouts.
To achieve the qualification of the Gym Instructor, you will complete:
- Coursework – (A portfolio with assignments & worksheets).
- Online multiple choice theory exams.
- Practical exams.
Once you have become fully qualified, you will have the opportunity to go through with you tutor to sign up and apply for Gym Instructor roles. You will also become eligible to progress onto the Active IQ Level 3 Personal Trainer course. This entails an advanced version of the modules completed, such as advanced anatomy & physiology, periodised exercise plans and medical conditions.
Sign up today to get more information and speak to one of our tutors!